So, I’ve noticed a trend in my Sundays…
- Come home from service around 1pm feeling inspired and filled.
- Stuff my face since breakfast is usually only a delicacy.
- Reflect on the day’s message and spend 1–2 hours writing in my journal and dissecting the scripture.
I have found myself in this cycle for a countless number of weeks. Possibly because of the space that I am in right now. A space of new beginnings. Starting grad school, moving into a new home, new friends, new faces, new memories. These sessions of self-awareness are always so….peaceful, delicate, and eye opening. However, sitting down and facing….you…can be a bit daunting sometimes. Where do I start reflecting? How do I actually feel? What do I focus on? Am I truly aware of…me?
Reflection takes…time, deep thought, and an overall awareness of s e l f. This is something i’ve had to learn with practice however. To reflect, not just on Sundays, but at least several times a week. On days when I feel the most comfortable with myself, to days when I am out of sync and completely vulnerable. Making the time and space to reflect and to learn how to reflecthas been one of the best decisions I have ever made.
If we could all carve out 5 minutes of our days to stop, think, and reflect on how were feeling and how our day is going, would it make a difference? What would we uncover?
Here are a few questions that I have recently found myself reflecting on. For those who may be struggling to find a starting point for a daily reflection, I hope these questions can guide your thoughts!
S E L F — D I S C O V E R Y
“Devote yourself to the issues WITHIN and God will fix the issues AROUND you.”
- Who do I say I am?
- Who does God say I am?
- What has He made clear to me?
- What do I truly desire in life?
- What are my standards and values? How am I living by them?
- What habits are keeping me away from growing and discovering my purpose?
- Am I judging myself on a purpose that isn’t mine?
- Am I living my life to please the world or the Lord?
- How am I setting myself apart as a believer? How can I?
- What makes my heart beat, truly?
F R I E N D S H I P S + R E L A T I O N S H I P S
“As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another”
- What is the true meaning of a fruitful/godly friendship/relationship?
- How am I growing my current friendships/relationships?
- How do I identify toxic friendships/relationships?
- Am I being intentional about the people I spend my time with?
- Am I drawing closer to or pushing away the toxic people in my life?
- How filled am I?
- Am I allowing others to drink from my well and run me dry?
- Am I seeking validation from friendships/relationships or from within?
- What intrinsic qualities do I seek in a partner?
- Do I even possess these qualities myself?